Sunday, April 15, 2012

Spring blooms!

Gallery Night was so much fun. Jan Simus Events featured my art and had such a wonderful setting with live music and a food truck from Fred's. Not surprisingly, Jan knows how to throw a bash! Additionally, the Dow Gallery had a lovely group show of the latest works from PAINT. The Dow Gallery is such a nice place to show, very elegant and Patricia and Greg Dow are so gracious. I actually missed seeing the show at the CAC, where I was represented, but I heard it was wonderful.
A bike trip to Fredericksburg and a quick New York visit over Spring Break have given me visual gifts that I still haven't unwrapped. I am looking forward to those lovlies.
Awards lately: One of my students won Best Of Show in the Private School Invitational! Two other students won awards, as well. I am so proud of them and will endeavor to seek permission to post their works so you may enjoy also! I was pleased to receive an Honorable Mention and a Third Place at the Trinity Art's Guild juried Members Show.
It is difficult to even sleep at night because I have so many ideas for paintings. Love that!

No comments:

Post a Comment